High performance, professional day and night network camera
The AXIS 221 Day & Night Network Camera is a high performance camera for round-the-clock surveillance over IP networks.
With the ability to provide high quality images under all lighting conditions, the AXIS 221 is an ideal solution for indoor and outdoor applications, including the surveillance of buildings, roads, parking areas, garages, railway stations and airports. The camera is supported by the industry's largest base of application software for video and alarm management.
The AXIS 221 features an automatic, removable infrared-cut filter, which enables the camera to provide color video when there is sufficient light, and black and white video in dark conditions. It uses a high performance Pentax lens and a progressive scan CCD image sensor that enables moving objects to be presented without distortion. In addition to support for 45 frames per second at all resolutions, the AXIS 221 offers simultaneous Motion JPEG and advanced MPEG-4 video streams to optimize image quality and bandwidth efficiency.
The AXIS 221 also supports a number of advanced features that give the camera increased flexibility and capabilities, including Power over Ethernet, video motion detection, pre- and post-alarm buffer, and inputs/outputs for connecting external devices such as door sensors and relays to activate light or close doors.
* Superior image quality using progressive scan CCD sensor, which enables moving images to be presented without distortion
* Day and night functionality allows the camera to automatically switch between a color image during daylight conditions and light sensitive black & white mode during low light conditions
* High quality Pentax, varifocal DC-iris lens
* Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) makes installation easier, cheaper and more secure since Power over Ethernet can take advantage of UPS (uninterrupted power supply), which provides back-up power in case of a power failure
* Up to 45 frames per second in all resolutions ranging up to 640x480
* Supports simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 video streams to optimize image quality and bandwidth efficiency
* Built-in multi-window video motion detection, which reduces network load and storage needs by uploading video only when change is detected
* 2 alarm inputs and 1 output for connecting external devices such as door sensors and relays to activate light or close doors
* Scheduled and triggered event functionality with notification via e-mail, TCP, HTTP, and upload of images via e-mail, FTP & HTTP
* Capability to insert privacy masking, custom logo or overlay image in the video stream
* Supports up to 20 simultaneous users; virtually unlimited number of users if using multicast
* Security: multi-user level password protection for restricted camera access, IP address filtering and HTTPS
* Outdoor housings
* IR illuminators
* Wide range of application software from Axis and its Application Development Partners
* With the use of Power over LAN Midspans, available in 1, 6 and 12-port versions, there is no need for power outlets and electrical cabling even if you do not have any Power over Ethernet-enabled switch
* AXIS 292 Network Video Decoder
* AXIS MPEG-4 Decoder 10-user license pack